Monday, 20 October 2014

Paper pieced Christmas

I find paper cutting relaxing (!) and made some paper pieced Christmas cards using this robin stamp. The papers were a 6 x 6 Memory Box pad 'Yuletide' which I stamped with Archival and cut out, then mixed them up and put the Robin back together.  This stamp is perfect for cutting as the lines are clear and easy to cut, a die cut snowflake, vellum & peel off greeting and a few card candy finishes it off.

Clean and simple and easy to do, thanks for looking.

Anne :)

Monday, 6 October 2014

Snowy animals Christmas

These are three cards made with Chris Dark on her Christmas Club at The Craft Barn.  They are done using the same techniques but different stamps.  Kraft card edged with white brilliance ink and gessoed in the central area.  Stamp in archival and paint with distress inks. Frantage sprinkled on top lightly and heated.  Tiny stars and snowflake punched shapes a bit of lace and few crystal gems finish them off.

I love the sheep best - hope you like them, and thanks for looking.

Anne :)

Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Desk Card Set

I made this on a Kathy Byrne class at The Craft Barn a while ago and did the cards at home to match.  Its made from chipboard and has pockets made from card to contain the greetings cards (they needed to be one layer cards so they would all fit in).  It's like an album with a central desk tidy instead of pages.

 cards using matching papers & stash

I personalised it as it was a gift for a friend.  Hope you like it and thanks for looking.

Anne :)

Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Couture Collection Desk Set

It's been a while to say the least but here at last is a blog post!  I covered these mdf pieces with Graphic 45 Couture Collection papers so I can look at them every day!  It's hard to give away some projects especially when they have taken so long to make, but these were rather quick and so I am happy on all sides.

I used black gesso as the base on all the pieces then simply cut the papers as needed, distressing inking the edges with black soot di.  Matt medium was used as the glue and glaze.  The first piece has my favourite papers as I only set out to do that one piece - then I wanted to cover everything  I had!  The biggest piece was last and I decided to use the papers I had left rather than buy more (interesting ones).  

Too many pics I know but I hope you like them and thanks for looking.