Thursday 25 April 2013

Shabby Chic Altered Jam Jar

I made this recently for a swap on Chic Swaps made from the Heart on Facebook.  I actually used a peanut butter jar as I liked the shape.



 This is not a great pic but I can't retake this shot as I have already sent the jar to the recipient.  Some of the other views are clearer and also there is a video here on my youTube channel.   I started by covering the glass jar with torn pieces of white mulberry paper using matt medium, and then adding torn pieces of a white handmade very fine Japanese paper which has gold and silver flecks again using matt medium.  When this was dry I applied the white rose fabric heart which  is the background for the main image and flowers etc.




I used a spellbinders matt and also cut out a matt using some gold fabric thread paper which was stuck onto paper so it could go through the grand caliber.  These are the next layer onto which the fairy/angel girl image is matted.  She is an image from Astrid's Artistic Efforts here.  I have used 2 pieces and some glue gel to give a bit of definition and she is covered with Glossy Accents. The believe is from a book of Tim Holtz word stickers.   The roses were next and they have been sprayed with Perfect Pearls mist and some have distress ink on them.


The leaves are plastic but look like frosted glass luckily.



The words around the jar are stamped in black archival onto Paper Artsy Crackly tissue paper and glued on using matt medium, and the gold birds are stamped and embossed in Gold EP onto the tissue paper and applied in the same way.  If you tear the paper you can hardly see the join.  The wings are stamped onto tissue as well and another card layer of wings is on top.  They are embossed in cosmic shimmer EP.  The gold lock and key were silver so I used a gold rub on cream to change them slightly.


There is a gold metal birdcage with flowers on the side and a pair of charms I made hanging on the pink and white ribbon.  I added 2 stickpins I made to match.



The lid was gessoed and painted pink using Paper Artsy Fresco Finish acrylic paint and a flower shape cut out from a lacy tablecloth is on top of that.  The braid was stuck on using my glue gun to keep it all secure.
More roses are sitting on the centre and a handmade lacy butterfly made using Fiona Jennings technique here  on youTube. 


Underneath the lid I stuck 2 pretty spellbinder circles and butterfly with a tiny bling gem in the middle.



It is fun to make something other than a card!  I hope you like it and any comments always very appreciated.
Anne :)

12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my Anne this is absolutely stunning! Such gorgeous colours, embellishments and I so love the flowers.

Hugs
Linda xxx

jane stillman said...

A great project, just love the image

Laine said...

Such a lot of beautiful design and fabulous detail.
Laine
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous decorations.

greetings karin

debbi taylor said...

I LOVE IT....
I have started a joy jar and never finished it - this has given me the inspiration!
hugs
Debbi x

Kay said...

That is beautiful and has such alot of work in it.Lucky recipient. XX

Kate M said...

In a word - AWESOME - absolutely adore it!
xx

Gwyneth said...

Gorgeous creation. I love all the roses you've used.

JenniferD said...

Wow so much work! Great use of the jar! Looooove all those delightful Embellishments! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. The tutorial for the twisted easle card is not to be found so I will do a new one up in about a week, Have a great week!

Cathy A said...

Wow this must of taken hours, beautiful

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fabulous jam jar, love the image and the lace, pins and flowers are all gorgeous
Lindsay xx

annemarks said...

Thanks everyone for all your fab comments :)