Wednesday 17 April 2013

Wedding Cards.



This is a card I made for a friend recently. I did 3 cards using their choice of colours, being dark blue, grey and pale pink and this was the final choice.  I saw this shaped card on Pinterest and did my version of it.  I cut out rectangles and rounded the corners then used them as a template to  make the card shape.  I did one for the front and one for the back.  I used pearlescent card to cut into the required shapes and put through the Grand Caliber using the swirls embossing folder.  These were then glued on to the front of the card.  The pearl strings were then glued in place.  The flowers are punched out of pearlescent paper and paper which has been sprayed with cosmic shimmer sprays. Sticking on the flowers and pearls was great fun.  The leaves are a Sizziz die and the cherubs and hearts are punched.  These were all glued on as shown.  I scored a horizontal line across the top of the back piece about an inch or so from the top so it will stand up.

These 2 were the others.  This first one is using a Stamp Oasis rubber stamp with black Archival ink on pearlescent card, and with a pink copic for the lips.  This is mounted onto a heart doily.  The background embossed card is also a gorgeous quallity pearlescent card already embossed, the edges of which I have punched out this lacy border.   The sentiment is stamped onto a Spellbinders fancy rectangle die cut, and colour tinted with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.  I sewed a running stitch down the centre of the pink lace to gather and have used a gross-grain ribbon down the middle - I used my copic to colour it grey.  The blue hearts are shimmery but you can't see that here.  The card itself is a soft grey hammered finish card.



The pink is hard to see in this photo - its a wedding stamp set by Amuse Stamps.  The basic design for this was on Pinterest and I have adapted it slightly.  I used an 8 x 8 card blank and cut strips of card out of an A4 sheet that I stamped with the wedding set using Spun Sugar again.  The borders are die cuts using my Spellbinder border dies.  The blue was done using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink direct to paper.  The ribbon was coloured as before using copics and the sentiment was an Elusive Images stamp.



This might have been better using the blue on the images and the pink on the ribbon or border.  Anyway, thanks for looking and comments always appreciated :)

17 comments:

lyn clark said...

What beautiful cards Anne.I love them all but the top one in particular with the beautiful embossing.
xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Beautiful cards Anne...love the wedding cake style card, very clever.

Hugs
Sandie xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous cards and the embossing is stunning.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Astrid said...

Lovely. Got to look for that parlescent paper/cardstock in a Dutch craft store.

Kate M said...

Fabulous cards - all of them, but I love the wedding cake!
xx

Gwyneth said...

A lovely selection of cards, though I have to say that the cake card is my favourite.

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful cards.

greetings karin

Zoe said...

Beautiful cards, all so unique and different xx

Chris said...

Beautiful cards, love the colours and my fav is the wedding cake. Chris xx

Mominator said...

The wedding cake one is very creative. Love it.

Tina said...

such gorgeous cards, especially like the wedding cake one! Hugs Tina xx

Rose Andrew said...

beautiful card ...stunning embossing ..! TFS

regards
Rose

Hello said...

A fabulous selection of very beautiful cards Anne. xx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

These are all beautiful cards, but I agree with your choice as the first one shaped as a cake is spectacular. Love the embossing and those gorgeous coloured embellishments. Really beautiful and I am sure the recipients will absolutely cherish it.

Hugs Lisa xxxx

jane stillman said...

All the cards are gorgeous. Especially love the wedding cake design. So unusual, and the little flowers are fabulous too

Laine said...

Such lovely creations.
Laine
xx

Cumbrianlass said...

wow you have been busy, so many gorgeous creations, my favourite would be the Wedding cake, if I had to pick one.
Janet