Friday 27 January 2012

Crafty Individuals Fairy






This is one of my cards that didn't go to plan but I just kept going with it and although I'm not 100% happy with it, I still like it.

This is a rubbish photo because you can't see the shimmer but anyway trust me it looks better in real life!   The fairy is (another!) one of my favourite stamps, she is stamped in cosmic shimmer EP  onto mulberry paper which is on top of a piece of black and silver UTEE (in Dawn's melt art technique where you cut a piece of  Craft Sheet  to fit into your Melt Pot, heat a ton of UTEE and stamp into it with an inked stamp).  The problem with this particular one was you couldn't see the image clearly enough, despite going over it with mica powders which is why I did the piece of mulberry paper on the top.  I like the way you get the spiky edges with the melted UTEE.

That is then mounted onto a piece of  purple card with the fairy stamped randomly in black and sprayed with glimmer mist.  I've just noticed that this piece of card is upside down!  Oh well, too late now! It is edged with a silver leafing pen.  The white paper flower is stamped with a text stamp in black with black soot distress stickles and a button with silk thread.  The black paper flowers are glimmer misted and have silk threaded buttons as well..

The background card piece is glimmer misted and stamped with small flowers in champagne metallic ink.  The corner lacy papers are just torn and stuck on.  The 'hello' is made using alphabet stamps and edged in silver leafing pen.

Although it's not a perfect card,  it is one that I enjoy picking up and looking at it!  Sometimes you have to look past the faults and just accept your work as it is.

If you're still reading this thanks for that!!!!

No comments: