Here's a quick how to (there are videos on You Tube)
1. Put stamp in microwave for approx 5 seconds each per medium sized stamp (I put 4 large ones in for 20 seconds).
3. If the foam tears you can still push it back on but if the foam disintegrates peel it off as well. So you are either left with a virgin sheet of rubber or with foam backing.
4. Using a craft knife carefully insert the blade into the plastic picture from the wood and it should peel off easily.
5. Smooth the picture down onto the (still sticky) foam (check it's the right way up) and trim off the excess with scissors. You can apply a repositionable adhesive to this surface so when it dries it can be used with an acrylic mount.
6. If you have virgin rubber (no foam backing) you can use Easy Mount or Cling On on the back.
7. There are several ways to store unmounted stamps (again loads of videos on this on You Tube) ie in a binder on a thick plastic sheet, in CD cases etc.
So thin without the wood so takes up less space. I'm so pleased with the results. Why not have a go?