Thursday 11 July 2013

Klimt tribute canvas


This is the canvas I started at a workshop with Lina Macdermot and finished at home.  We were using Gustav Klimt as our inspiration, a lot of his work has lots of gilding and patterning.  As usual, now I've finished it I can see where I would have done it differently were I to do it again.  I think the lilac Fresco Finish background is a bit flat looking.  I am reasonably happy with it apart from that!


After painting the background, the figure is drawn and painted.  I used Imagination Crafts stencil Leafy Swirl and grunge paste for the dress When dry I went over it with Quickie Glue pen and gilding flakes when glue was dry.  The turban is also stenciled with grunge paste and gilding.  Her necklace is done with Quickie Glue pen  and gold flakes and the earrings are punched out of gold miri with a bling on each one. The flowers she is holding are just ready made ones from my stash and are just stuck on with some Pinflair Gel glue.


The red flowers are a Crafters Workshop stencil done with grunge paste and then red metallic acrylic paint.
The swirls are a Tim Holz die cut out of gold patterned lilac paper and they have added bling rhinestones.  Lastly the edges were rubbed with flitter glue and gold flakes.


Thanks for looking and thanks so much if you have left a comment.

Anne :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

this is so wonderful, I don't think the background is too flat, I think it just makes the rest of it POP, fab work.
Big hugs
Teresa
xxx

Kate M said...

Fabulous canvas, I love Klimt too and this is a super example.
xx

Unknown said...

Stunning artwork Anne. Lina x

jane stillman said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the gilding x

Laine said...

Wow, a stunning tribule to Klimt. Love all of the detail.
Laine
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is fab and gorgeous Annemarks.

greetings karin

Barbara said...

Wow, this is fab Anne....so much to look at...brilliant!

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

Gosh that is lovely! Jenx

lady jasmine crafts said...

Gorgeous just gorgeous xxx