Tuesday 9 July 2013

Grunge Paste and Dreamweaver


Another batch of pasted cards a bit different from the previous posts.  I always end up using virtually all my stencils when doing pasting as it's so messy and takes over my space so I may as well do as many as possible.

The first one is  done using Paper Artsy Grunge Paste using 4 different colours of Fresco Finish to colour the paste.  I put blobs of the paste onto a large tile and added specks of paint and mixed it up (keeping the blobs separate).  The stencil is a Crafters Workshop plastic mask. The grunge paste gives a nice texture and the paint gives it a chalky finish.  This piece is mounted onto a soft gold metallic card and then onto the white card base.  The pale gold ribbon matches the gold embossed sentiment (although it looks a bit yellow in this photo).  The sentiment is by Kaisercraft.



The background (Imagination Crafts) and birdcage (Dreamweaver)  are both done in glossy white embossing paste coloured with  fresco finish paint.  The bird is an Inkadinkado stamp done in cosmic shimmer ep and the sentiment is Hero Arts done banner style.  The border is a Martha Stewart punch and although you can't see it here, I have edged the card underneath with Tumbled Glass Distress ink which looks pretty when the card is closed.


This is the same Dreamweaver stencil I previously did in Crackle on an earlier post, this time done in white matt embossing paste.  I have then stencilled it with Brilliance inks when dry.  It is really quite matt even with the Brilliance.  It is mounted onto a piece of purple pearlescent card which has gone through the Garden Lattice embossing folder (I love these big folders).  The middle layer is a piece of 12 x 12 paper cut down to size.   The sentiment is one I have used extensively and is by Art Stamps.  The Spellbinders Stately Circles die is one of my favourites too. Unfortunately I have lost the packaging for the middle die so can't tell you what it is, except that it is part of a set of circular nesting dies in black metal.

I hope you are not fed up with all these embossing paste cards, as I still have a few more to blog!  I always make a load at once and never just make one!

Anyway, thanks so much for coming by and any comments very appreciated.

Anne :)

7 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous cards and the use of colours Annamarks.

greetings karin

Unknown said...

lovely cards, like your colour tones hugs txx

jane stillman said...

Three fabulous makes, especially love the first one

Laine said...

Wow, these are so varied and fabulous.
xx

Kate M said...

Three very different, but very beautiful cards!!
xx

Unknown said...

lovely cards..x

lady jasmine crafts said...

Wow the effects on the top card is amazing xxx